Alex Preece, Tillo COO, shares his thoughts on why 2021 needs to be the year we re-think retail and why sustainability, digital incentives and multi-retailer approaches need to take centre stage.
In-House Legal Council (Commercial)
Tillo is a global SaaS platform making it super simple for reward, incentive and perks businesses to get gift cards. As the original industry innovators, we used our world-class, agile technology to really shake up the gift card market, pioneering innovation and boosting investment, but we’re not done yet! We have big ambitions and are on an exciting journey as we seek to power the entire incentive and perk industry globally with our infrastructure. We’re now seeking an Account Manager to help propel us to the next level…
The role of Legal Counsel at Tillo is to work closely with internal stakeholders to negotiate, manage and execute Tillo’s commercial transactions. The role is responsible for reviewing, drafting and delivering a range of complex commercial agreements. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) you will work to business objectives whilst balancing legal considerations. This role also holds responsibility for acting as Tillo’s Data Protection Officer, overseeing Tillo’s Data Protection and GDPR responsibilities.
This role would suit someone seeking 25 to 30 hours per week.
Main duties and areas of responsibility:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer contracts, related agreements and data protection agreements.
- Working closely with the Tillo’s departments with regards to contract reviews and improving related processes
- Ensuring timely closure of business transactions while considering legal considerations and therefore minimising risk
- Acting as Data Protection Officer
- Collaborating internally with the development with design and roll-out of internal processes, ensuring efficient operations
- Any other commercial legal matters as required of a dynamic and fast-growing company
- AdHoc legal work as required in other areas of the business and maintaining a focus on business objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Holds a recognised UK legal qualification
- Previous experience, in-house for a Technology/SaaS business
- Reviewing of or Terms and Conditions of supplier contracts
- Experience of working in a fast-growing business environment
- Knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations and compliance
- Previous experience with UK, EU and International Data Protection issues - including knowledge of changing EU regulations
- Experience of eMoney regulations
- Company Secretary experience
- Previous experience of onboarding customer requirements
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong business judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to prioritise and manage deadlines
- International experience
What’s it like to work at Tillo?
We offer all our employees trust and empower our team to work with flexibility and autonomy. We’re a close-knit team though and love working collaboratively, whether at our fantastic head office in Hove or remotely (we’ve always offered a level of remote working and the current climate has proven just how production and resourceful we are!). The Tillo team are a motivated bunch and we all work hard to push Tillo forwards, always innovating. However, we completely understand the importance of work/life balance and offer a supportive and collaborative working environment with the following benefits:
- Designated Shares Options for all employees
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Bespoke training and development with each employee having their own training budget
- Monthly company lunches
- Quarterly away days where we do everything from helping local charities to traditional team building activities
- Quarterly staff engagement surveys - to listen and act on the employee voice
- Monthly wellbeing events
- Retail discounts
- Well stocked drinks fridge and snack cupboards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Raising money for a charity outside of work? We’ll match whatever you raise with our charitable matching contribution
If you’d like to learn more please contact our Head of People - Briony Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Tillo does not accept speculative CVs. We will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised role. Any speculative CVs received will be treated as the property of Tillo and any Terms and Conditions associated with use of the CVs will be considered null and void.
LatestSee all the updates
2021 predictions: Re-thinking retail
Delivering food parcels and Christmas gifts to those most in need
This week, in the lead up to Christmas, we helped deliver food parcels and Christmas gifts to over 100 families across Brighton and Hove who needed support.
Supports and Payments over Christmas
You don't need us to tell you that peak trading has well and truly landed but we thought it might be useful if we shared our payments and support hours for the lead up to and including Christmas.